Fromagerie Antony

Accueil du site » Our Cheeses » Pont l’Evêque

Pont l’Evêque

The Pont l'Eveque appears in the 12th century. It was created by Cistercian monks, settled west of Caen. In 1225, Guillaume de Lorris in the Roman de la Rose, wrote : "The best restaurants were always filled with dessert cheeses angels.''. This term, which later appointed also other Norman cheeses, comes from the name of a coin. The cheese was then used as a medium of exchange, compensation ... and tax.

Bishop Bridge is named after the small town where he was born, between Lisieux and Deauville. This is certainly the dean of washed-rind cheeses. Traditionally, cheese making is the woman while the man takes care of the flock. It is women who have perfected over the centuries the manufacture and ripening of cheese.

Fiche Technique



Normandie (Basse) Croûte Lavée